My next installment of my 5 Under series is all about my current velvet crush. It’s the perfect fabric for fall/winter parties and celebrations because it gives a touch of luxury and elegance while still being warm and comfortable. Let’s be honest, ladies, it’s all about looking nice while being warm in the winter! Am I right?!
I love that velvet is having a moment right now. I remember it being big in the 90s when I was a kid. My only qualm with velvet is the care it takes, so I wouldn’t stock my winter wardrobe with velvet. However, if I’m buying a holiday dress or a pair of shoes – something that isn’t going to be in heavy rotation – then a velvet piece is perfect.
Today’s 5 Under is all about my crush on velvet and the best pieces to buy based on three budget points, from $50-$150. Enjoy!
5 Under $50
- Amanda & Chelsea Velvet Blazer $50
- Velvet Ruffle One Shoulder Dress $48
- Velvet Baseball Hat $12
- Once in a While Black Bell Sleeve Bodycon Dress $48
- Velvet Serpent Buckle Belt $30
5 Under $100
- Fia Black Velvet Wide-Leg Jumpsuit $95
- Slouchy Baby Black Floral Print Velvet Bodysuit $68
- Velvet Ankle Booties $95
- Romantic Moves Navy Blue Velvet Long Sleeve Romper $58
- Modern Skinny Velvet Jeans $89
5 Under $150
- Dolce Vita Holli Velvet Flats $110
- Super Skinny Velvet Legging Jeans $138
- Amani Black Velvet Blazer $108
- Wales Velvet Dress $120
- Velvet Sash-Belt Jumpsuit $129